Thursday, July 3, 2008

For the Fun of the One

The Oneness of all Life
the Simplicity of all Being
is within us
it is
what we all are

We are the Fun of the One
the sweet forever clothed
in things, times and
events of man

We are the Fun of the One
the jolly forever
entangled in human
webs of the world

We are the Fun of the One
forever waiting for us
just around the corner
of our own mind

I am the Fun of the One
still enjoying the fact
of having forgotten
to have Fun with the One

You are the Fun of the One
the joy of getting to know yourself
in the games of the One
having Fun with itself

We are both
and all
in this game
only
for the Fun of the One





The Challenge of the Street

People here and there
all over the place
Cars swishing past
buses spilling their fumes
The pressure of the city
splayed upon my senses

Suddenly then and there
my mind faces the challenge
It becomes extremely calm
focuses somewhere else
beyond the din of the city

I am on the street
and I am not on the street
I walk through the jungle
untouched
unmoved

I see it all
I hear it all
I smell it all
and I even touch it
I float over
above
and beyond all
that my senses bring in

I am something else
something more than
the world I live in

I am




A Lecture of Truth

I face the crowd
eagerly waiting to hear
what I have to say

My mind is empty
in chaos
Don’ t know
what to say
where to start

I am naked
I am afraid

I love these people

I summon my will
my determination
to meet them
from the sacred place
within me

I stand still

The sacred takes over
flows through me
through the world
gathered around me

From above, beyond and within
the silence of Truth reigns
and conveys the simple
message of Love

The heightened simplicity
remains
it fills the whole world within me
when on my way home I step
in a crowded tram
I am
the tram as well




On the Road

It’s a beautiful God’s day
within and without me

Summer Solstice

I am driving to the country
my baby daughter
in her cot beside me

I am simple Joy
silently singing through me
knowing no bounds
seeing no shadows
just the flow of all and everything

My daughter’s tiny wise hand
reaches out to my arm
and caresses it softly

I reach out with my right hand
and gently embrace her hand
in my palm

The road is straight in front of us
We are united for a short eternity

Her sweetly knowing smile
reveals our bliss of Now

We are One




The Knowingness

I sit in a coach
The glistening winter’s day
is about to turn into
inpenetrable darkness

I am on my way across the country
Tonight an hour after my arrival
I am to talk to some people
eager to hear me

The simplicity of my being deepens
as the darkness deepens around me

Somewhere from within
arises a knowingness
this coach is not going to make it in time
it is going to stop by the roadside

I just sit in my simplicity
I know without doubt

I hear a bang
the coach shudders and
comes to a standstill

I take my bag and
walk down the isle
The driver says
he needs at least an hour
to prepare the tire

I step out into a tunnel of darkness
walk behind the coach and
raise my thumb

The first car stops
A traveling salesman
takes me to the lecture-hall
well in time

I arrive in knowingness





The Forest of Life

With the compass of my mind in readiness
I step into a huge forest of fir, pine and birch
a forest that has been untouched by man
for the past half a century

I intend to walk back to the ancient village
where we started by car this morning

About fifteen miles of unknown wilderness
only briefly studied from a satellite photo

I am to make my way back
trusting the knowingness of my mind
Just me and my forest

The din of gnats and mosquitos in my ears
penetrates the net protecting my face

I walk through bushes and branches
wade over bogs and marshlands
climb over hills and ditches
Totally focused on getting back
to the village

I trust
I do not waver

I am back faster and straighter than
my friend who has made same trip
with a local guide

My knowingness is triumphant




A Night of God

I am exhausted after having tried out
all the possible means of being a man

I have tried to change the world
to change myself
and to change my nearest
and dearest

I have tried all that a man can
I am at my wits end

I step out into our garden
The evening is dark and
only glints of light penetrate
the shadows surrounding me

I have nowhere to go

”What am I to do in this world?”
echoes urgently in my mind

The answer arises in a flash
it is simple and clear

”Be God”

The answer reverberates
creates its own reality
of bliss.

I am filled with causeless Joy
with the pure Joy of Being

Everything is enlightened in my mind’s eye
even the darkness of the night vanishes
in the light of God

God is so simple and so near
Always ready to serve
ready to be the world

I am




The Silence of Ease

what is this silence
this strange and new
what is this void so full
that knows no fear
nor direction
what is this joyful ease
that nothing ever can dam

the facts of my wit can never tell
where arises this life so simple
the words of my tongue
can never reach
this peace
born beyond the word

No comments: